5 Interesting Facts about Doga
We’ve all heard about Yoga right? And we may have hopped on board with this Yoga craze. But have you heard about DOGA? Are you ready to start the best practice of your life with your dog by your side? Here we’ll be mentioning 5 interesting facts about Doga that we hope will invite you to the practice for the health of both of you!
Okay, so if you answered YES to the last question there are some things you should know in advance. And I want to bring attention to some interesting things about Doga!
So without further ado……
5 facts of Doga
- Some who practices YOGA is a Yogi, and a dog that practices DOGA is a dogi.
2. Pawmaste– the four legged version of Namaste– what does it mean? And how come yogi’s use the term? Namaste means “I bow to the divine in you, and you bow to the divine in me!” So in Doga we will be honoring the love and divine in both you and your dog!
3. Doga has the benefits of Yoga of course as well as finding calmness with another being, bonding, trusting, and connecting with each other as well. When practicing Doga we will make each other feel harmony and peace!
4. Doga and Yoga are both lifelong practices. And one has (or you and your dog in this case) need to make it your own practice- it’s personal!
5. Anyone and any dog can do Doga- size, age, breed, etc doesn’t matter. It is a practice for anyone, remember you make it your own!
Those are five facts about the practice of Doga, we here at Doggone Healthy Choices hope this invites you to want to give the practice a try. To help introduce you to the practice, we here are compiling a free quick guide to download and use to start your daily practice, which will be out by the end of November. There will be a Doga challenge coming up in January as well, where prizes will be awarded. So get your Yoga, I mean Doga on and get to the mat, and invite your dog to join you there.
Time to Get Your Doga On!
On that note, we here at Doggone Healthy Choices, are trying to get the eye of president and CEO of Beachbody- Carl Daikeler to try to get him to work with Doggone Healthy Choices to create a Healthy Companion program combining dog and people friendly workouts and nutrition because people and their pets need to live healthy, and they are great workout partners together!