Introduction to Liberty
Today we have our introduction to Liberty. Liberty is an American Foxhound mix as well. She is also one of the 4 American Dogs here at Doggonehealthychoices.com.
- Personality: Sweet-tempered and easygoing, but also stubborn and independent
- Energy Level: Very Active; They could be called “Springsteen hounds” because, baby, they were born to run; lots of exercise required
- Good with Children: Yes
- Good with other Dogs: Yes
- Shedding: Seasonal
- Grooming: Occasional
- Trainability: Responds Well
- Height: 22-25 inches (male), 21-24 inches (female)
- Weight: 65-70 pounds (male), 60-65 pounds (female)
- Life Expectancy: 11-13 years
- Barking Level: Barks When Necessary
So as Liberty meets most of these characteristics, we have decided to drop the mix as well when introducing her. She technically had no papers but hey let’s face it, ONLY PEOPLE need papers to prove something!
Liberty and Pam met by chance, Pam was in the area and decided to stop in and see the dogs at Kent Animal Shelter, with no thoughts of getting another dog. But when she first saw Liberty in the corner of the kennel she knew they had to be together. So Pam asked about adopting her. The next day Pam brought Scout to meet and greet Liberty. Pam ended up fostering Liberty and within in a few weeks they decided to adopt one another. You see Liberty saved Pam and vice versa.
Running with Liberty
Ever since Liberty joined Scout and Pam on our running endeavors. Both of them giving Pam a run for her money sorta speak!
Liberty happens to be a Vegan dog as well. As we all know dogs are not carnivores but omnivores and like humans can sustain themselves on a plant based diet/ lifestyle. We will discuss a vegan lifestyle further as our blogs continue both for dogs and humans as well.
Tomorrow, we will introduce Freedom, of course having to include more on Liberty, so until tomorrow have a happy and healthy tail waggin’ day!